If there is one thing that this Election 2016 has taught is that we are all hungry for a new systems, new paradigms, new ways of being together.
The question is - what do we want that to look like?
It's been awhile now since I have posted in this series. I apologize. I have been resting. Storing up my energy. Taking the time and the space that I have needed so that I can do my part to fight the fight that is ahead of us.
This is what I have been up to.
Starting tomorrow morning, I am taking over the internet. Well, I will give it my all anyway.
If you are anything like me, you are feeling anxious in anticipation of the election results. What will happen if he wins? What will happen if she wins? So much has been stirred up that, no matter what the results, we know that this week will affect our daughters' lives forever.
So, I have been preparing. I have been preparing to say yes.
This week, I am ready to say yes to the world that we want to create for our daughters. A world that is focused on connection, care, and compassion. A world where our economy, government, schools, and institutions care more about humanity than bureaucracy. A world where girls and women are valued for our power to lead and create instead of our obligation to serve and consume.
This is the world I am saying yes to. Are you ready to join me?
I have declared Election Week, TAKE CENTER STAGE WEEK. From Nov 7-10, join me online as I talk to the leaders and creators of this more compassionate world. Throughout the day, on Facebook and YouTube, tune in for interviews, discussions, and entertaining pieces about how Spotlight: Girls is working with girls, parents, and other Girl Advocates to bring this vision of a Compassion Revolution to life.
Special guests include:
- Julie Lythcott-Haims - Former Stanford Dean and best-selling author of How to Raise an Adult
- Dr. Christine Carter - Sociologist, Happiness Expert, best-selling author of The Sweet Spot and Raising Happiness
- Amy Ahlers - Life Coach and best-selling author of Big Fat Lies Women Tell Themselves and Reform Your Inner Mean Girl
- Jenny Kassan - Securities Attorney, Coach of "Raising the Right Money from the Right Investors", Co-Founder of the Force for Good Fund
- Ryan Honeyman - Partner of LIFT Economy and author of The B Corp Handbook
- Ashara Ekundayo - Cultural Strategist and Co-Founder/Chief Creative Officer of Impact Hub Oakland
- Erin Kilmer-Neel - Chief Impact Officer and Deputy Director, Beneficial State Bank Foundation
- Emiliana Simon-Thomas - Science Director at the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley
- Brandi Riley - Social media strategist and digital content producer, SheKnows Media, MamaKnowsItAll.com, and the Courage to Earn Community
- ...and so many more...